The True Scoop
Nationally, organic lawn care is a “hot” topic. As if it were something new! It certainly is not. Organic lawn care was exclusively practiced before WWII. After the war, the chemical procedures took over. There are many misconceptions, myths and outright lies which have made the subject of organic lawn care almost undefinable.
Soil Tests Explained
All soil tests are not created equal, getting the right test is critical! The health and beauty of a plant or the productivity of a crop is directly related to the health and vitality of the soil in which it grows. When the pH is wrong, nothing works right – not fertilizers, not weed killers, and especially not the biological components in soil.
Chemical vs. Organic
A healthy growing environment for turf absolutely will not cause that turf to develop a destructive layer of dead roots and stems, which is called thatch. Chemically-dependent plants are weak plants. Weak plants ATTRACT disease and insect problems. Improperly nurtured and balanced soils CAUSE “weeds” to grow.
- We acknowledge the superiority of “Natural Systems” over the artificial stimulation methods employed by traditional plant care practitioners.
- We strive to work in concert with, not in contradiction of, Nature’s own system of “checks & balances”.
- We believe in building plant health from the soil up, not from the plant down. Experience has taught us that, over time, healthy soils will produce healthy plants.
- We don’t believe that your landscape suffers from a deficiency of “chemicals.” Thus, we seek to avoid having your landscape develop chemical dependencies. We use chemical controls only as a last resort, like medicines, to remedy problems.
- Our customers benefit from programs based upon “bio-dynamic” principles. Utilizing our unique, proprietary products to recharge natural plant and soil cycles and systems, we can enhance the beneficial natural soil biology that supports plant health.
- Our valued customers benefit from our “Organic Principles & Procedures” developed from forty years of experience in Organic Plant Health Care and soil care with monetary savings for extra services, the elimination of costly mechanical de-thatching and aerating practices, and the need for less water.
- The Organic Approach provides peace of mind for our customers while their landscapes are being cared for in a more environmentally sensitive manner.
- To the continued good of the environment, and to the benefit of our customers…we will continue to work, and cooperate and share with other researchers whose work will advance pesticide-free horticultural practices.