Somerset County Lawn Maintenance | Maintaining a Healthy Lawn
Updated: Mar 24
Proper lawn maintenance in the Somerset County, NJ area can be more time-consuming and labor-intensive than one may think. There are quite a few necessary steps to take to ensure a healthy, green lawn all season long. While some homeowners may not have the time or energy to maintain their lawn and prefer hiring a professional lawn maintenance company, others are up for the challenge. Below are the Somerset County lawn maintenance steps that must be taken to keep your lawn looking beautiful.
Somerset County Lawn Maintenance | How to Maintain a Healthy Lawn
1. Mowing: Of course, one of the most essential Somerset County lawn maintenance steps is mowing. Depending on the time of year and the growth of your lawn, you may need to mow weekly or bi-weekly. Be sure to set your lawnmower blades higher in the spring and summer to prevent stress on the grass and in the fall, lower the blades to allow sunlight to reach the crowns of the grass plants.
2. Fertilizing: Another key NJ lawn maintenance step is fertilizing. Fertilizer provides essential nutrients that help the grass grow strong and healthy. The best time to fertilize your lawn is in the spring and early summer. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions when applying fertilizer to your lawn.
3. Irrigation: Proper watering is essential for a healthy lawn. Depending on the type of grass you have, you will need to water more or less frequently. In general, lawns need about 1-2 inches of water per week. Be sure to water early in the morning so that the grass has time to absorb the water before it evaporates.
4. Weed Control: Another part of lawn maintenance in Somerset County is weed control. Weeds can quickly take over a lawn if they are not controlled. Many products on the market can help control weeds in your lawn. Be sure to read the labels carefully and follow the manufacturer's instructions when applying any weed control products to your lawn.
5. Aeration: Aerating your lawn helps improve air circulation, water infiltration and thatch decomposition. Aeration also helps reduce compaction and improve root growth. The best time to aerate your lawn is in the fall.
6. Liming: Applying lime to your lawn can help raise the soil's pH level, making it more alkaline. This is important because most grasses prefer slightly alkaline soils. The best time to lime your lawn is in the spring.
By following these Somerset County lawn maintenance steps, you can ensure that your lawn will be healthy and green all season long! If you don't have the time or energy to take care of your lawn yourself, consider hiring a professional lawn care company in the Somerset County area. They will be able to take care of all the lawn maintenance steps for you so that you can enjoy your lawn without lifting a finger!
Looking for a Great Lawn Care Company for Lawn Maintenance in Somerset County, New Jersey?
Plant Solutions is a professional lawn and tree care company based in Somerset County, NJ. With more than 70 years in the industry and a dedicated staff of certified arborists, we are ready and able to transform your landscape into that of your dreams. Our Somerset County lawn maintenance and tree care services include weeding, irrigation, aeration, fertilization, deer, mosquito & tick control, and more! Service towns in the Central NJ area include Branchburg, Millstone, Green Brook, Hillsborough, Mendham, Chester, Watchung, Somerville, Skillman, Bernardsville, Bedminster, South Bound Brook and many more! For more information on our services, you can contact us at (973) 387-0007 or check out our website.